The North Carolina Center for Afterschool Programs (NC CAP) is a statewide Network dedicated to increasing access to high-quality afterschool and expanded learning programs for all children and youth in North Carolina, helping them to succeed in and out of school. Our work includes research and best practices in the afterschool and expanded learning environment; convening key stakeholders (statewide and regional); advocating for policies to support afterschool and expanded learning; and professional development and technical support for afterschool programs.
NC CAP is currently seeking dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our advisory board. If selected, advisory board members will serve a 2-year term (with a mid-term review) beginning September 2018.
If you are one or more of the following, we are interested in you:
- Leaders within out-of-school time programs or partnering agencies focused on our priority areas – youth development, STEM, literacy, nutrition & physical activity, equity & access – interested in implementing impactful statewide programs and initiatives.
- Energetic and entrepreneurial business people, who are not already overextended with other commitments, eager to put their enthusiasm for changing the world to work for our state’s children.
- Community leaders and philanthropists willing to engage their peers to ensure access to high-quality programs for all youth.
- Astute governmental advocates who can assist in navigating the political landscape of policy development, funding and legislation.
- Scholars/academics who want to put their expertise in youth development, STEM, literacy, nutrition & physical activity, equity & access, to work for youth statewide.
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you’ll find service on our advisory board very rewarding. We are looking for passionate individuals who will:
- Attend four (4) quarterly advisory board meetings annually
- Actively engage in NC CAP events and communications
- Support planning of annual Synergy Conference and Regional Convenings
- Advocate for the Network’s mission and vision locally and statewide
Interested candidates should submit a completed application form and personal statement of interest. Application documents can be submitted via email to the Sheronda W. Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Advisory Board Application“. The deadline to apply is August 15, 2018 at 5pm. Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Selected individuals will be notified early September.