The mission of Wade Edwards Foundation & Learning Lab (WELL) is to provide the student community with opportunities for achievement, enrichment and service in preparation for personal and academic success. The WELL opened in 1996 as a memorial to a student who died in a car accident before graduating high school. Since then, the WELL has evolved into a dynamic resource for area high school students, filling a gap by providing afterschool support and enrichment to students with few places to turn. Working closely with schools and community partners to focus on developing the whole student, we support academic excellence, build career readiness, and offer enrichment and volunteer experiences.
- Afterschool tutoring in a variety of subjects
- Use of the computer lab for independent study & access to the Internet
- WELL Rounded Build Your Future curriculum
- WELL Service Warriors – community service/advocacy
- WELL Ambassadors – youth leadership development LEAP (Life Expectations and Planning) – just for seniors
- Teen Talk – facilitated discussions about emotional wellness, healthy relationships and “life”