Registration is now open for the Virtual Synergy Conference 2020. We hope you will join us July 28-31, 2020 as we convene virtually utilizing the iCohere platform. The registration fee for the virtual Synergy Conference 2020 is $50 per person. You can register for the virtual conference here. The deadline to register is July 24th, 2020. This year’s conference is themed: FUTURE IN FOCUS. Please note that the Tuesday (July 28th) and Wednesday (July 29th) portion of the conference will consist of the 21st Century Community Learning Center Statewide Meetings only. For those registered attendees that are not a part of a 21st CCLC program, the first live plenary of the Synergy Conference will begin at 10:00 am on Thursday, July 30th.
Synergy Conference 2020 on Education Matters
Education Matters aims to provide the public with real facts about the state of public education in North Carolina. The weekly television show explores everything from the history of public education to the impact of legislation and policy decisions on our public schools.
As families and school districts work to provide academic, social, and emotional learning opportunities and support for their students, afterschool, before school, and summer programs are key pieces for many children. As an integral part of the learning process, programs teach children foundational skills, like communication, teamwork, and problem solving, and prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow. Today, we will focus on the North Carolina Center for Afterschool Programs at the Public School Forum of North Carolina and the 21st Century Community Learning Center Program, a federal program led by the Department of Public Instruction across the state. Whether remote or in-person, these programs are essential for our students and are an integral part of an important partnership with families, schools and communities.
Dr. Sheronda Fleming, Public School Forum of NC
Sheneika Simmons, Public School Forum of NC
Dr. LaTricia Townsend, Department of Public Instruction
- 21st Century Community Learning Center Statewide Technical Assistance Meeting, if applicable, at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm on Tuesday, July 28th and Wednesday, July 29th;
- Live Plenaries at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm on Thursday, July 30th and Friday, July 31st;
- 60 pre-recorded Workshop Sessions on Arts & Literacy, Closing Gaps, College & Career Readiness, Mentoring, Organizational Capacity, Public & Private Partnerships, STEM and Youth Development that go live at 12:00 pm on Tuesday, July 28th;
- Downloadable Resources from Workshop Sessions and the Virtual Tote Bag;
- Virtual Evaluations to provide feedback on Workshop Sessions, the overall Synergy Conference and the 21st CCLC Statewide TA Meeting, if applicable;
- Virtual Exhibit Hall filled with great resources from this year’s Vendors including Championship Chess, Dropping Seeds in Motion, Girls Who Code, NC Tennis Foundation and Perfecting Destiny Coaching Services, Inc.;
- Opportunities to connect with others and win prizes in the Networking Lounge; and
- Certificate of Attendance and Transcript that highlights attended Workshop Sessions.
For additional details regarding the conference, check out the Conference Booklet below.